Friday, April 19, 2013

Standby period :]





Well, am currently on standby for 24hours, I have half a day to go til this torture ends.
Have been emotional lately due to mental and physical fatigue. So many things are running through my mind and they never stop. 

Let's talk about the happy memories I have in this flying life today eh? 
Where shall I start...

Ah.. This happened some time ago end of last year. It was a flight bound for Koh Samui, Thailand. It was a pretty normal flight, with the profile of mostly caucasian and asian holiday makers. 
Happy people on board :)
During disembarkation, as I was walking behind a caucasian family with a little girl around 5-6 years old and baby, this little girl holding her stuffed toy, stopped and turned around to face me, telling me "Hugsss" and gave me a tight hug as I bend down to her, and she walked away after. That little hug there made my day. It made me go "awwwww" the whole day. With her blonde curly shoulder length hair, and fair skin with freckles, blue eyes, I can never forget that hugging moment.

 There was once, during meal service, 2 kids, boy and girl were sitting by themselves at row 8D and 8E, economy class. Should be around 8 or 9 years old. Caucasian kids. I've served them their meals first because they had childmeal requested for them. Apparently the father was sitting in Business class which I found out later. So as I was at the mid cabin waiting for my colleague to finish serving the other passengers, they pressed the call bell. And little bro here asked for my help to cut the chicken thigh into cutlets for his sister. *This somehow reminded me of Abigael, my aunt's daughter when I helped her to cut her slice of pizza into smaller portions.*
Without hesitation, I did my part as their big sister and cut the chicken not only for the sister, but also for the brother himself. They were so well behaved and well mannered. Such lovable kids! That little act of mine somehow made one of my colleague who happened to walk past me when I was doing it go "seriously you cut the chicken for them?" Well, babysitting is part of my job, is it not? :)


The best moment I had was when I was given a mentee to take care of for a month. I was utterly shocked when I was given one, but I guess there's a reason why they pushed her to me. She slowly became my closefriend or rather little sister, a year younger than I am :)
Our journey together throughout that one whole month was awesome, she's stressed out with me being too strict, but with all that, she became stronger and turned out to be one of the best.
That, was one of my achievement. And I am proud of her :)


There are so much more nice nice memories, but my mind is blocked for now.
Behind all the smile I had to give in the cabin, behind the curtain is when I go crazy. You see, not every new girls and everybody has the same positive attitude. Some of them can be rather, bitchy defensive. You don't see these kind of juniors during my time. It was all "sorry's" even when it's not your fault. Now, they can be such pain in the arse. Generation Y they call it. 
I better stop typing of thinking about them or I'll go crazy now.


"Happy thoughts Lucky. Happy thoughts~" :]








"Have you ever tried so hard to forget about something, and when you're about to enter the last stage of not even remembering a single detail, it came back to haunt you?"

No comments: